DESIGN: IKEA Homemade is Best Cookbook

by - September 28, 2010



Having a house full of IKEA furniture doesn't make for a very unique interior. I see my Malm chest of drawers everywhere! But IKEA's spanking new baking book, Hembakat är Bäst (Homemade is Best) has originality in spades with the help of stylist Evelina Bratell and super snapper Carl Kleiner.



Recipes are shown both completed and as beautifully arranged ingredients. Gorgeous.

Mandelmusslor (almond shells)





Pepparkakor (gingerbread)





I believe this is only available in Sweden so far, but I would be willing to return to the Croydon yellow and blue nightmare (where I practically started a riot in the kitchen aisle as I still had one unit door and two handles missing after FIVE trips, finally locating them freaking 200 miles away in Cardiff*) for a copy of this if it is translated.



Photo credits: Carl Kleiner via Today and Tomorrow.
* Clearly I'm still not over this incident.

You May Also Like

2 comments